Members of the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Orthodox Church in America will hold their annual Fall Session at Saint Andrew’s House here Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23, 2015.
Among the many items on the agenda are
- the reports of Archpriests John Jillions and Eric G. Tosi, OCA Chancellor and Secretary respectively, and Melanie Ringa, OCA Tresasurer. Ms. Ringa will present the 2016 budget as passed by the members of the Metropolitan Council at their meeting in late September 2015 [see related story], which reflects the new finance plan adopted by delegates to the 18th All-American Council [AAC] in July 2015.
- the report of Archpriest Leonid Kishkovsky of the Office of External Affairs and Interchurch Relations.
- a continuation of the discussion of the “Guiding Framework” outlined by His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon at the 18th AAC and reviewed in detail at the September 2015 Metropolitan Council meeting.
- a report by Angela Parks, recently appointed Chair of the Legal Committee. Included in her report will be an update on the search for a new General Counsel for the OCA [see related story] in addition to other current legal matters.
- a comprehensive review of the work of the 18th AAC, specifically focusing on the implementation of the new Statute of the Orthodox Church in America as approved by Council delegates. Deadlines and issues related to implementation on the diocesan and parish levels will be especially considered.
- a review of numerous issues related to the episcopacy and episcopal candidacy, the Diaconal Vocations Program, and ordinations.
According to Father Tosi, “a considerable amount of time also will be devoted to discussing and planning the agenda, main areas of focus and implementation of programs and ministries for 2016 and the next triennium.”