St. Andrew the First-Called Mission

Canora , Saskatchewan

St. Andrew the First-Called Mission

Founded 2010

Status:

Meets at:
SS. Peter and Paul Romanian Orthodox Chapel

Diocese: Archdiocese of Canada

Deanery: Manitoba-Saskatchewan Deanery

Mailing address:

PO Box 463
Canora, SK S0A 0L0

Parish Contacts

Priest-in-Charge
310 Circlebrooke Dr
Yorkton, SK S3N 2T1
Home: 306-782-2482
Retired, Attached

Lay Leadership

Mr. Glen Leson
Lay Contact
Box 1421
Canora, SK S0A 0L0
Home: 306-563-6578

Directions

Highway 5 at Canora – 1/2 kilometer East of the Junction of Hwy 5 and Hwy 9

Schedule of Services

All services are in English and follow the New Calendar.

Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM every 4th Sunday.

Typica:  10:00 AM every 2nd Sunday.

Confession is available at all scheduled services or by appointment..

Parish Background

St. Andrew’s Mission was established in June, 2009. It grew out of the Mission Station of All Saints of North America (established in 2004) which was served from St. Mark’s Orthodox Church, Yorkton. Initially, the Mission met in the local Anglican temple. The Mission, with the blessing of His Eminence Archbishop Nathaniel, makes its home in the temple of Sts. Peter and Paul, a rural parish of the Romanian Episcopate of America located just on the Southern outskirts of Canora, Saskatchewan. The Mission membership is presently made up from over thirty households. Our liturgical language is English. Our vision is to reach out and bring back the many Orthodox Christians in the area who have fallen away from the church and proclaim the Gospel and witness the Orthodox Faith to those outside the Church seeking the True Life in Christ.