Diocese: Diocese of Alaska
Deanery: Sitka / Southeast Deanery
Juneau, AK 99801
The parish began its existence in the Village of Killisnoo in 1889 with the construction of the Church of St. Andrew the First Called. Unfortunately, the Church, along with much of the village burned in 1928, forcing most of the people to relocate to Angoon. When it became clear that the Killisnoo Packing Company would not resume full operations, the Parishioners decided to stay in Angoon and construct a new building.
In 1929, the faithful completed the construction of St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church in Angoon Alaska.