Holy Assumption Church

Stamford, Connecticut

Holy Assumption Church

Founded 1914

Diocese: Diocese of New England

Deanery: Connecticut Deanery


141 Den Rd
Stamford, Connecticut 06903

Website: stmaryofstamford.org

Parish Contacts

Home: 203-329-9933

Lay Leadership

Mrs. Barbara Driscoll
Council President
Mrs. Irina Lvovsky
Choir Director
Mrs. Natasha Williams
Church School Coordinator


From New Haven
Take the Merritt Parkway (Route 15) south to exit 33.  Church is right off the exit.

From New York
Take the Merritt Parkway (Route 15) north to exit 33.  Turn right off the exit.  Continue to make right turns, following signs for Route 15 south.  The Church will be on the left as you approach Route 15 south entrance ramp.

Schedule of Services

6:00 PM Vespers.
Saturday Evening

10:00 AM Divine Liturgy followed by Coffee Hour.
Sunday Morning

9:00 AM Church School.
Sunday Morning

6:00 PM Vespers.
Eves of Great Feasts

For a complete list of upcoming services, please visit the Monthly Calendar on the parish website.

Confessions are heard following Vespers on Saturdays.

Parish Background

St Mary’s Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church was established in 1913 in a church on S Pacific St in Stamford’s south end.  For several years before that a group of Orthodox faithful held services in private homes with visiting priests serving the Liturgy.

In the early 1970’s a large tract of land, right off the Merritt Parkway, was purchased for a new church.  After again attending Divine Liturgy in several temporary places, parishioners celebrated the first service in their new church in 1977.

Our Sunday School has been growing over the past few years.  Our Mother’s Club organizes fund-raisers which benefit both our Church and the Sunday School.  We also have adult classes on Wednesdays during Great Lent.

We are pleased to now have Fr Vladimir Horoszczak as our spiritual leader.  Fr Vladimir, Matushka Anna, and their children Jerry and Anna have been with us since June 1996, upon Fr Vladimir’s completion of studies at St Tikhon’s Seminary.