Session 3: God’s Way is Our Way: You Can’t Run Away From God
By the end of this session participants should be able to . . .
1. tell the parable of the sower
2. discuss the parable of the sower and our response to God's call
3. tell the biblical story of Jonah and the fish
4. discuss how the story of Jonah and the fish relates to what happens when we resist God's will for us
5. list some "unpopular" vocations - i.e., suffering, living with a handicap, martyrdom, ministering to people who are very sick (AIDS, cancer, etc.), speaking out against things that are wrong or bad.
6. explain how "unpopular" or difficult vocations that provide help to others, are a very special way to glorify God
7. explain that we hurt ourselves and others when we try to avoid and resist what God wants us to do