The Discovery of the Relics of Saint Anna of Kashin

The opening of Saint Anna's tomb took place in 1649, and several miracles of healing occurred at that time. The clergy and citizens of Kashin petitioned Tsar Alexis (reigned 1645-1676) to command that the relics of Princess Anna be examined.

On July 21, 1649, Archbishop Jonah of Kazan and some of the local clergy opened the tomb and noticed that the relics of the right-believing Princess Anna were incorrupt.

In 1650, a Council of the Russian Church met and decided to number Princess Anna among the Saints, that a Church Service be composed for her, and that she be venerated throughout Russia.